Tuesday, 30 September 2014 by Disaelfr
done cooking for the day I placed the towel and the folded shirt on the
I found it a little tricky spinning it. I couldn’t spin on the fold. I intentionally spun it thick to save time. I had even more troubles plying it. I kept adjusting the tension one way and then another. And it wanted to over ply if I wasn’t careful. I found that if I let the plies snap together I got a better result. However, many times it just didn’t want to pull onto the bobbin. I suspect this will take a bit more practice. It might be better if I changed the ratio to a lower number it might help also.
I used really hot water and Eucalan. However, it didn’t seem to shift the ‘grease’ very much. I will have to be more aggressive scouring it in the future. There was a definite bloom when I towel dried it, which was welcomed. Fortunately by being careful, it didn’t felt.
In considering a project for this yarn these things came to mind - a
Teddy bear, mittens (lined with angora), boot tops. Of course this would
be a luxury yarn.
30/9/2014 - I did manage a really hot scouring with washing up liquid and that shifted all the remaining 'grease'. I will do a small swatch (2x2 inches at the largest 3x3) and tuck it against my waist to see the 'irritation' factor. Watch this space.